Welcome to the family!
It’s another exciting milestone for ev3dev. Starting today, we now support
ev3dev on BeagleBone with FatcatLab’s EVB cape.
Here are some things about the EVB you might like to know:
- Should work with BeagleBone White, Black and Green. Has only been tested
on BeagleBone Black.
- Ev3dev must be installed on a microSD card. It cannot be installed to the
on-board eMMC because the eMMC pins are used by the EVB cape for other things.
- Auto-detection of NXT sensors does not always work correctly. This is a
hardware limitation (missing gpio on input port pin 2).
- No I2C sensor support. This is a software issue, so could be fixed some day.
- The holes in the clear plastic cover that comes with the EVB have LEGO
compatible spacing but do not have a LEGO compatible diameter. In other
words, technic pins don’t fit in the holes. Be prepared to get creative to
physically attach it to your creation.
Download the SD card image, try it out and let us know how it goes.